Equipping our congregation for engaging our community
A COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS
- Determine standardized meal and reception plans to offer to families we serve and familiarize members with those changes.
- In partnership with Church Council, establish roles, rules, guidelines, and expectation for our bereavement ministry.
- In partnership with Stewardship Committee, establish funding so that the standardized meals and receptions can include the purchase of prepared foods.
- Continue to develop a process to ensure a meaningful and consistent visitation program of our homebound and others in need of spiritual care and encouragement.
- Grow deacon engagement in the life of our church, our congregation, and our community
- Developing a mentoring and training model for deacons.
- Assist the Properties Committee in bringing the kitchen to a more commercial level to increase its functionality and ease of use through offering suggestions, labor and fund-raising opportunities.
- Coordinate with others, the Church Hostess, and other committees in providing congregational fellowship opportunities in addition to the ones currently offered during the holidays.
Music and Worship Committee
- Create a dynamic and diverse worship experience for everyone at Westwood Baptist Church.
- Carry our dynamic and diverse worship experience to our community and the world.
- Share the love of Jesus out in our community through the arts.
- Pursue opportunities to connect area musicians with Westwood Baptist Church.
- Use our musical gifts to support other committees and ministries of the church.
Christian Education (Discipleship) Committee
- Continue to provide short-term discipleship classes during the Sunday school hour, as well as looking for ways to increase our weekday discipleship options.
- Continue to support and encourage Financial Peace University short-term courses.
- Provide Westwood “Nuts and Bolts” workshop to help new members discover and engage in discipleship and ministry opportunities.
- Offer Sunday School Teacher training, such as a Master Class or other opportunities, to support their continual growth as they help make disciples.
- Offer short-term Bible Studies and other Christian Education events based upon results from feedback, surveys, and other tools designed to engage and respond to congregational needs and desires.
Children’s Ministry Committee
- Secure more resources for Children’s Ministry
- Training leaders
- Expand base of volunteers
- In partnership with the Personnel Committee (MinistrySafe) and the Church Council, update current policies and procedures to ensure all current and new volunteers are appropriately trained.
- Create a more cohesive approach to discipleship throughout the Children’s Department.
- Implement a special gathering for children (all ages combined) on Sunday mornings.
Youth Ministry Committee
- Engage members and non-member youth outside of the church walls.
- Engage our community
- Develop/Create opportunities for engaging member and non-member youth and families
- Provide resources and training for youth’s parents and youth leadership in coordination with Christian Education Committee.
- Bring in speakers
- Provide articles and resources
- Expand the base of volunteers involved in youth ministry
Young Adult Ministry
- Establish a monthly event called “Second Sunday” that will provide a time and space for meal/study/discussion/fellowship for young adults.
- Explore the possibility of creating an in-home small group for young professionals.
Senior Adult Committee
- Continue to provide regular fellowship opportunities
- Seek ways to link with nearby senior Retirement Centers in order to assist with loneliness, other social and Spiritual needs of residents
- Look for other ways to reach out to others in the community
- Offer regular Senior Adult focused trips, with one spectacular trip annually.
- Develop Senior Connection Networks
- Work with the church staff, Deacons, Sunday School teachers, and others to ensure that there is a supportive relationship provided to each Senior Adult at Westwood
- Seniors attempt to orchestrate an intergenerational ministry through these networks throughout Westwood
SHARING CHRIST’S LOVE
- Develop Mission Partner/Relationships
- Complete transparency with the church
- Who do we choose to support? Why are we supporting? Where are they located? What is the impact?
- Growing Transformational Missions Relationships
- Focus on missions opportunities that can transform a life
- Become less task focused
- Identify Local Missions Relationships
- Welcome House, Baptist Build
- Have a missional impact in our local community
- Develop Adult Missions Education Opportunities
- Local partners come to speak to the church
- Educate on who they impact, why their ministry is important, and how does God call you to serve
Community Engagement Team
- Provide quarterly “Get to Know Westwood” events to introduce visitors to our staff and church community.
- Create and execute events designed to impact and engage our community.
- Lead Westwood into becoming a MinistrySafe church.
- Review Church Staff in conjunctions with financial processes.
- Develop Westwood Staff Care Plan.
- Create a Church Staffing Plan based on church size, funding, and role responsibilities; with attention to which roles should be full time and which should be part time.
- Create Standard Information Set
- Committee Information Template
- Investigate how to better examine congregation for gifts, talents, and passions toward placement.
- Place 80% of New Members within first year
- Committee marketing minute-spotlight for recruiting
- Engage new and returning members –areas of interest
- Facility Maintenance: Implement Preventative Maintenance Contracts, Evaluate Routine Maintenance
- Facility Improvements: Establish Security Procedures
- Space Utilization/Optimization: Create a Mid-Sized Meeting Space
- Professional Work Environment: Review office equipment needs (April 2020), Replace aging office furniture, insure adequate space for interns
- Policies: Properties will work to provide recommendations for reasonable usage costs and procedures. Church Council will review and act on the recommendations and consider other appropriate usage guidelines.
- Recommend Comprehensive Financial Policies for Church Operations
- Define and Clarify Expectations
- Determine Good Segregation of Duties
- Provide Standardization and Transparency
- Provide Accountability
- Explore Giving Options
- Online giving with good education and support
- Estate giving
- Explore Additional Revenue Generating Options
- Solar energy to subsidize electrical costs
- Cell tower rental agreements